Blackjack, also known as twenty-one, is a classic casino game you can enjoy here at Americancasinosites. We specialize in casino game guides for online gamblers.
Blackjack is one of the most accessible and most comfortable to win at casino games in the world. It has a few variants, so seasoned players will most likely prefer the variations. In this guide, we look at blackjack rules. Learn the blackjack rules and ace the game.
Card Values and Payouts in Blackjack
The Basic Rules of Blackjack
- The main objective of blackjack is to beat the hand of the dealer without going over 21.
- Each player starts with two cards, and the dealers one card is unexposed.
- Each card is worth its value, face cards worth 10, and Aces are 1 or 11.
- Going over 21 means, you bust and therefore lose no matter the dealer’s hand
- A ten-value card and an ace is 21, which is blackjack and an automatic win
- Scoring Blackjack means you win 1.5 of yoru bet
- You have an option to double your bet
- Doubling is like taking a hit. You choose to double while the game is in action
- You have an option to split your bet
- Splitting is when you have two of the same card, and you want to create two hands
- This also automatically lets you double your bet
- Splitting is only allowed on the first move of your bet
- You also have an option to surrender
- Surrendering is conceding to the bet when you have a small chance of winning
- When you surrender, you get back half of your bet
How to Play Blackjack?
Before you start playing, first understand that there are different variations of the game. We will explain how to play the standard blackjack game. The number of decks used will depend on one casino to another. The most popular options are the six-deck game, which means 312 cards will be used.
All cards are valued at their face value. The one objective of this game is to get a hand with a card value of 21 and beat the dealer. Whoever has the hand value of 21 or the closest to 21 wins. When you play at an online casino, your cards will be automatically shuffled for you. If you are playing the live dealer version then you can automate your shuffle.
Once everyone’s cards have been dealt, players have to make their bets and then show their hands to the dealer. The player on the left usually goes first, but if it is online blackjack, If your hand exceeds 21 then it is a bust, and you automatically lose the game.
Now that you are familiar with blackjack rules, take a look at Blackjack strategy. When it comes to casino games, strategies are an excellent way to optimize your experience. To win, every player must put their best foot forward.
A player must always check the dealer’s card before they make their first move. If they see the dealers, the first card is strong, like anything over 7. A player should not stop drawing until reaching 17.
If the dealer’s card is a poor one, for example, anything below 4. Then the players must stop drawing for 12 or up. Additionally, the player should avoid busting by all means.
The general strategy is to keep hitting until you reach 18 on your hand. A player must also know when to double down, surrender or split.
Blackjack is an exciting casino game with a low house edge, making it easy to beat. Give yourself some time to go through the rules guide and understand how it works to give yourself the best chances of winning.