Roulette Odds & Probability – Bet Payouts and Winning Chances
Learning your Roulette odds is an excellent way to gauge what your chances of winning are. The odds are calculated according to the principles of probability.
If you are serious about playing Roulette and you want to increase your overall chances at success. Learning the Roulette odds will set you apart from other players. Remember, Roulette is still a game of chance, and the odds are informed by mathematical probability. This means your expectations should be based on the percentages and bets.
Casinos with the Best Roulette Odds
Roulette Bets Payout and Probability
When playing online Roulette for real money, there are two important betting options you must know. Namely inside bets and outside bets. There are 11 bets in total, and the odds of winning will differ according to the bet.
Each bet has a minimum and maximum limit, and before you start, it is important to understand what they mean for each bet.
Here are five things to know about Roulette Odds:
- You can place a bet while the roulette wheel is spinning.
- Players can also place a bet before the roulette wheel spins.
- The dealer will announce when no more bets can be made.
- Once the wheel stops turning, there is a winning number, and a marker is placed on the winning number.
- The outside bet and the inside bet all have minimum and maximum limits.
Types of Inside Bets
- Straight – Betting on only one number
- Basket – This is when you bet on numbers 0,1,2 and 3
- Split Bet – Betting on two numbers next to one another on the table
- Trio – A bet on a combination of three numbers
- Corner – This is also known as a square bet – is betting on 4 numbers.
- Street Bet – Betting on three consecutive numbers
- Six Line – Betting on two adjacent lines
Types of Outside Bets
- Black or Red: The outside of the wheel has these two options
- Low or High: You can wager on the high numbers or the low numbers
- Odds or Evens: Betting the ball will land on either Odds or Evens
- Column: The ball can land on the column you made a bet on
- Dozens: There are three dozen numbers you can bet on
Online Roulette RTP and House Edge
Most people confuse the terms RTP (return to player), which means the percentage a casino allocates to paying out wins. A house edge is a measurement referring to what a casino takes from players’ wagers.
Understanding the RTP and house edge for a casino is one way to get ahead; however, another factor determining your choice is the type of Roulette you choose to play. This is because they both have different terms.
As you might know, there are two types of Roulette.
- European Roulette: RTP- 94,7 %
House Edge – 2.7 %
- American Roulette: RTP – 97, 3 %
House Edge – 5,3 %
This is important to know because it will influence your casino bankroll and how quick or slow it moves.
Online Roulette Odds: Q & As You Should Know
How do I get the best online roulette odds and payouts?
You have to choose the right casino. All our suggested casino sites have the best odds and payouts. These online casinos also have competitive bonus and promotional terms.
What are the odds when playing online roulette with strategy?
The odds with strategy will be skewed to your favor. However, it doesn’t mean the odds change dramatically. This will all depend on several factors mentioned in this guide.
Where do the strategies for raising the roulette odds come from?
Roulette strategies like the martingale system all come from mathematical probability.
What are the odds to win every time at online roulette?
The odds to win are pretty high, considering the house edge and RTP percentage.